Online Writing Center
We Will Help Any Chemeketa Student With Any Writing Project!
We will help with any aspect of your writing process–
- Sentence structure
- Paragraph development
- Documenting sources
- Clarifying ideas
Rules for Submissions–
- You may submit two times per week
- Attach or copy and paste assignment
- Explain what you want to work on
- List the due date
- Attach or copy and paste your draft. Please give us something we can read in a few minutes; if you submit an entire essay, we will not be able to respond in detail
How To Register for the Online Writing Center–
- Log on to My Chemeketa to register for the Online Writing Center as a FREE course. In the Add/Drop section, search for “Writing Center.”
Note– Registration takes a few hours; the COWC may not show up immediately in your list of My Courses. Plan ahead!
- Wait a few hours. Then from My Chemeketa, click My Courses. You will see the Writing Center Online listed. Click to enter the Online Writing Center. (If for any reason the link doesn’t open, go to http://chemeketa-bb.blackboard.com and log in from there.
How to Use the Online Writing Center–
- Click on “My Submissions” on the course homepage. This accesses a private consultation area that only you, the consultants, and the coordinator of the Online Writing Center can see.
- In the box labeled “Comments” type a brief description of what you are working on, what the assignment asks for, and what you would like help with. Use the “Browse My Computer” button to attach your work (as a Word or .rtf document), or copy and paste into the “Submission” box. Finally, click the “Submit”button at the bottom of the page.
- Then return to the COWC in 24-48 hours and go back to “My Submissions.” Click the “+” sign next to your submission to view the consultant’s comments on your work, together with any attachments.
- Click on “Evaluations” from the course homepage and complete anonymous evaluations of your experiences at the Online Writing Center. We ask that you fill out a special evaluation the first time you visit, an evaluation after each time you use us for a writing consultation, and another evaluation after your last session each term. Your feedback will help us improve our service, so please give your candid assessment of your experience here. Thanks!